Home away from home!

As I approach my third year of 'expat-dom' I realize that my life in Kuala Lumpur will come to an end soon. This thought leaves me homesick even though I am still here and have no idea when will I leave. Please note that by 'home' I am talking about Malaysia. How funny is that?

Below are some of the things that I love and will really miss about my home away from home;

  • The monkeys in the street I live in. Where else will I wait for a taxi with a monkey standing next to me?
  • The GREEN color everywhere especially when it rains. To me everything looks like a hand painted masterpiece and the vibrant colors feed my soul.
  • The smell of Durian! Yes, I love the smell even though I haven't had the guts to taste it yet.
  • The Food! But thats another post :)
  • The night markets. Is there anything more fun than walking around a night market nibbling on some satays and murtabak? I like to pretend I blend in - Satu kik kok, berapa? terima kasih :)
  • Touch and Go - my husband and I think its the best invention since sliced bread!
  • Bookshops. Need I say more?
Watch this space for more additions.

1 comment:

Musings in KL said...

Ice Kacang ?
Weekend trips away ?
Condo friends ?
everything...
Though now I'm itching to go and explore a new country...

Post a Comment